A BEAT OF YOUR OWN
DRUMMING FOR WELLNESS
A Beat of Your Own is a wellness program which utilizes drumming as a means to improve overall health. Research shows that drumming improves physical, mental and emotional well being. This program can be utilized with all populations of people, from Preschoolers with Autism Spectrum Disorders to Senior Citizens and everyone in between!
John is a percussion facilitator focusing on teaching people how to have fun and feel comfortable playing hand drums and rhythm instruments. He has spent 23 years as a Special Educator and Early Childhood Specialist. John holds a Masters Degree in Education and School Administration.
Benefits of Drumming:
- Increase and improve socialization and reduce anxiety and behavioral problems.
- Encompasses hand/eye coordination, vestibular movement and visual perception.
- Drumming gives ALL people a voice.
- Drumming increases attention span and creates a non-verbal modality to feel a human connection.
- Drumming allows children will Autism Spectrum Disorders to express emotion. Through the speed and volume of rhythm, emotions like anger, happiness, frustration, joy and many others can easily be translated through the striking of a drum head.
- reduce tension, anxiety and stress
- help control chronic pain
- boost the immune system
- access the entire brain
- induce natural states of altered consciousness
- create connections with self and others
- release negative feelings, blockages and emotional trauma
Small groups, family and individual sessions are available.
Book your session today by calling or emailing John!
email@example.com or 315-528-4963
- Sessions are 1-2 times per week
- Sessions are 30-60 minutes depending on the response of the student.
- The cost is $10 per person or Family Rate of $25